View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but if that's so, Lindsey is stupid to not just pull Christine onboard and forget about Stevie. he'll have that album out in no time if Christine is willing.
I always shake my head at these types of comments. What's so stupid about it? Clearly Christine doesn't want to tour, Lindsey doesn't want her in the band unless she commits to touring (or at all), and Stevie isn't interested in recording with FM anymore.

If Lindsey is being stupid about anything it's his insistence that there should be another album. Frankly, we don't need another SYW or Tango or Mirage. He looks back on those and criticizes them. What makes him -- or anyone for that matter -- think that a new album would break the mold somehow?

Lindsey himself doesn't even seem to realize what he is pushing for. By writing and recording songs that he considers "Fleetwood Mac" songs, as opposed to his more daring solo stuff, he is doing exactly what he criticizes the band for doing with Mirage and Tango. The stuff was too commercial and not artistic enough. But that's the only thing he's going to get if there is another FM CD, especially judging from the less-than-stellar tracks on the EP.

I say forget it, Lindsey. You've made enough money. Focus on the solo stuff. That's what I want to hear, not this bland, poppy music that you gave us with the EP.