View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I wouldn't take it as a given Mick would have spoken to him and provided him with any new information. He may already have plenty of material from his time working on Mick's book, but generally I'd say anything that's worth anything would have already been used 25 years ago (or even included in Micks more recent book). I don't see why Mick would just volunteer a load of salacious gossip for the sake of it at this stage- Its not as if Mick and Stephen Davis are best mates or anything.
I think there's a difference between salacious gossip and matter of fact stories about the recording of Say You Will, or the taping of the Dance concert for MTV, for example, and both of which took place in the last 35 years. And do you know Stephen and Mick aren't best mates? I don't know either way, but since Mick bared his personal life for Stephen for many years, including updated versions of his autobiography, I would say they were close. But feel free to cite your sources that they aren't best mates.

And like you alluded to, Mick could have told him anecdotes or stories about or involving Stevie that never made it into Mick's book, perhaps because they were more about Stevie than Mick. A writer like Stephen Davis would keep every little piece of scrap paper or note he ever took with Mick.