View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69
Why dont you backtrack 5 years and sit at work just before nine o'clock and watch the tragedy of 9-11 unfold in front of your eyes, knowing your brother in law is in the trade center and then see if you could snicker.
I am so sorry to read this. I watched the 2nd plane hit live on television and it tore to my very core viewing so I can not begin to imagine how you and your family must feel having a family member involved in such a horrific way. It is people like you that I had in mind when I posted what I did. I can view pictures. I am not a child. But, I can not sitback and not express the repulsion my gut feels with the hope that it won't be seen by someone that it will hit harder. I did not see the pictures that this thread refers to (the tourist) but I know all to well how seeing visions such as this can trigger the most traumatic of memories for those involved to a greater degree. I can appreciate the historical value of photographs being taken...we should never forget. However to try to find a humor in such photographs or make additions to them in such a manner as to view them with humor IMO is a mistake towards the vast majority of those personally involved expense.

If you ever want someone to talk to, send me a note. Take care.