View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for the info, Macfan4life! You always have the coolest trivia and I appreciate it. If Christine and Eddy could whip up a song like Skies the Limit that fast, they were even a better songwriting team than I'd thought! But did they replace another Christine song with Skies? I can't believe she originally had only 3 songs on the album- and one was a duet, even!
That piece of trivia came from Dick Clark's countdown show in 1990. He used to host this adult contemporary radio top 30 countdown. I was in college in a far away place where this was on the radio. I was not even aware there was a second single after Save Me because I never heard Skies the Limit on the radio ever except on this show. Apparently the song charted on Adult contemporary charts in late 1990. So I would listen every Sunday and hear these tid bits every week. I don't believe the song replaced another but there were no usual Christine peppy love songs on BTM. Even Save Me is not really a love song in the typical Christine fashion. Usually she is singing how wonderful she is in love. Save me she is not in love and just begging to be given that chance. So in a panic Skies the limit was written quickly and put on the album track one. Problem solved.