Thread: Richard Dashut
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 02:47 PM
Ledgie

Default John Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
He's thinking of writing a book or just to continue to post stories on his Facebook page. So far his stories are pretty interesting and I think he would have a pretty good book if he stays focused. Yes, he's has started and stopped several projects over the last few years. I don't think he is in the greatest of health either.

The story with Mick was from the White Album tour. Mick stayed up all night partying and went to bed in the morning. Richard knocked and knocked and thought Mick was already up and gone. Richard drove to the gig and no Mick. JC was pissed and drove to get Mick, getting back just in time to get on stage. Another good one, was when they got to their hotel the rooms weren't available and JC slapped the desk guy in the face and they stormed out to find another hotel. Richard said today JC would never have gotten away with doing that.
Is it just me, or does John Courage seem like a first class a-hole? I agree with Richard that JC would never get away with slapping a desk clerk today. Still, to do it at all, in the guise of "well this is just rock and roll" really doesn't fly no matter what age we live in.