View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
For all of Danny's talent, for the craziness of the Stones, I can't see how he would fit into the band.
the "stones" being a suitable band for danny wasn't the point of discussion, i guess - it might have killed him . . . in the truest sense of the word. remember: mick taylor never fitted in on a personal basis and subsequently left the band as a junkie.
the main reason for taylor to quit was the fact that jagger and richards NEVER gave him any place for his songs. they actually nicked a lot of his musical ideas, but the credits would always be "jagger / richards"! so the "stones" would never have been any kind of foil for danny's songwriting, too.
BUT taylor's stint with the band provided them with their musically most acclaimed and memorable era, not least because of his contributions as a guitarist. and that's where i could very well imagine danny having been capable of stepping into taylor's shoes - like taylor he could have suited the "stones" solely as their lead guitarist.
of course these are merely mind games for sure. but as i already said - i believe it would have culminated in another "rolling stone" leaving the band in a box.