View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
someone who was from her generation and had some of the same cultural references, shared experiences, views, etc.

Not that it always makes a difference. I just believe eventually the gap shows or at least it in certain areas. And, that doesn't even mean it will cause huge problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
And, we never know -- anyone can get ill despite age. It's just more likely to happen to the older partner first.
completely agree with your second statement. as Bee also said about her experience, everyone kept saying to my parents that age gap will eventually be a problem, including my mom's mom (who was younger than my dad). but - you never know when you'll be walking down the street and brick may fall on your head.

re your first statement about cultural and other differences, views, etc - and to get back to LB: look at Lindsey and Stevie who are the same generation (well he's a bit younger) - since that's probably the subtext for many people in this specific LB/KB age-gap discussion -

they started together in one place and have had so much common history and love together since they were teenagers - and that's something they can still build on and remember as they go on. but do they really have so many shared interests now? he's very liberal, she seems to lean conservative. he listens to Dirty Projectors, she listens to Katy Perry . with having a family, he finally grew up and became an adult, her interviews seem to still reveal a mind of a young girl without much adult thinking. his music is very different than her music now - both with the Mac and solo. even Lindsey says how musically they started in the same place and went into 2 completely different directions. (although there's some overlap, no wonder that many people who like LB's music don't necessarily like SN's music and vice versa.)