View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Of all of the many people i’ve gotten to know on the road following SN/FM around, I cannot think of a single one who is “over it” or leaving due to LB’s dismissal. You guys are in a small, negative little anti-SN fish bowl on this website. But in the real world, Stevie people are fine. We love her just as much. We’re all still friends, still excited for the tour, still making the same plans to meet up for drinks and have fun at the shows together. I cannot think of a single person who used to be around and isn’t now. We’re having a blast at the concerts. Our FB groups still grow endlessly. We’re all excited about the Hall of Fame induction (my family already got our tickets- can’t wait!). Nothing has really changed for us.

I’m sure there’s LB fans who used to go to the shows and now do not, but there either were never that many or I just didn’t get to know them well. Because I really can’t think of anybody that’s missed. I think you guys see this as a much bigger deal than it is. I doubt Stevie is concerned. Her fans are fine and continue to follow her and have her back.
I've been exposed to a lot of people over the years from both the LB and SN camps - not just exposed to them, actually friends with them. During the SYW tour, I traveled all over America to see Fleetwood Mac. I had a gang, too, that met up at shows all over America, for drinks and fun. These were BN people, who loved both Lindsey and Stevie (well, one honestly wasn't much of a Lindsey fan, but she was the exception).

It's fallen apart.

Although I hung out with a lot of people and there are several who are special to me, there was a core 6 I met up with often.

Of those core 6, there's me, who's no longer interested and is in "protest mode."

One of them is also not really interested, but would be willing to go if a friend goes just for social reasons.

Two are now "eh whatever" on Fleetwood Mac. They no longer want to travel to see them or spend a lot of money on tickets. If it's convenient and they can get a good ticket for face, they'll go. It's not the same as "protest mode" but they wound up not going to any shows on the tour nonetheless.

Lastly, two of them are still very gung-ho about Fleetwood Mac and willing to do like we used to do - travel all over for shows - opening night wherever it is, driving hours to see them, getting VIP. Nothing has changed for them. They are really disappointed that the rest of us have dropped out of the "hardcore" Fleetwood Mac experience. (Obviously one of these is the person who never really liked Lindsey.)

I think this is perhaps more representative than the anecdotal evidence of "I cannot think of a single one" simply because I hung out with people who loved them both.

The results are: 5/6 are not going to skip it out of principle, but only 1/3 are still as hardcore as they used to be. (If we keep it to just the BN folks, it's only 1/5 will skip it out of principle, but only 1/5 is as hardcore as she used to be.)

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-18-2019 at 03:28 PM..