View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm reading through some of the comments in this thread and one thing that jumped on me is that some people seem to put the blame on these girls being offered to come close to the stage. i don't understand that reasoning. if you were at the rock concert, seeing some legendary band, and you have a good but not a great ticket, wouldn't you be THRILLED to be offered to move close to the stage?

people go to plenty of concerts of bands they are not a huge fans of, but know a few songs they heard on the radio and want to check them out. or want to see a legendary band before they die off . young girls who are not huge fans wouldn't have that much opportunity to hear FM songs on the radio, unless it's classic rock. why would you question them for going to the show in the first place?

so they are at the show, they are offered this amazing opportunity to take it in from close to the stage, and wow, they discover not only this rock star is not dead yet but he's very much alive, hot and interactive. and they become enamored and huge fans. and they take it to twitter and rave about it for days after (there's several of them doing exactly that on twitter as we speak, after the Dublin show ), and maybe even look up band's music .

so, if placing the blame on anybody, it certainly should be on these girls.
That certainly wasn't how I meant to come off, elle, if you were talking about me. I wouldn't even use the word "blame" at all in this situation. I don't consider it a "bad" situation in the first place. It's all more or less fair play. I just find it all interesting/curious and am trying to make sense of all the angles, as someone who really doesn't go to concerts very much at all.

I have to say though, to answer your question, I probably would stay put in a situation like that. Getting up so close to a rock star that I may or may not be very familiar with at the behest of a crew member sounds like a recipe for extreme discomfort to me. I can certainly understand people reacting differently though. And am getting more insight into different perspectives from your post and others in this thread. I'm enjoying the discussion.