View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I understand that you do your jobs to the best of your ability given the circumstances imposed upon you, and in no way would I place the faults of the industry on the shoulders of staff such as yourself. I know that all of the things I complain about could be handled by executive management making choices that were about quality and standards instead of stockholders and dividends - I even believe air traffic would increase and prices and profits could go up without complaint from customers like myself if flying were actually the enjoyable and luxurious experience it was 40 years ago. I appreciate the stewards and definitely recognize the bullsh*t they have to put up with every single flight of every single day.

Links, as requested. I never make up my facts.

From yesterday, regarding a body panel falling off a BRAND NEW 787:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99F0J420131016

From Tuesday's news, regarding smaller, tighter, even-less-comfortable seats:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...ngers-20572090
TY Karma! And I am regretful for your "unfortunate experiences" with airlines, in general. Thx for the links...I have read your posts on here before to know that you are a stand-up man and honest poster. Just thought I'd give you a challenge that hits a soft-spot with me currently . And Yes, I did see the news this morning about the "piece" falling off. That IS Terrifying!

Hmm...now about the more seats/cramped spaces....I have Not viewed the link, yet...but I will say that most airlines would reconsider this. FAA regulations insist that there are 1 FA (flight attendant, not steward lol) to every 50 ppl on board. This would require (most regional, charter-flights) to pay another FA the hourly-wage of a mere (approx) $20.00/hr. That Adds up over time. So Yes, I agree the "Corporate-heads" are always looking to explore the ways to "maximize profit", there IS a cost that comes with it. I don't see that happening with my airline anytime, soon.

And before anyone thinks/posts that (approx) $20.00 an hour is ALOT....consider we are FAA regulated. MOST of US only fly approx. 75 hours/month. That's about what? Part-time employment (on-call) most-of -the-time with full-time benifits that are sub-par. 100 hours maximum for senior FA's, period. Do the Math....that's really NOT that much.

I'm Smiling...but I really shouldn't be....LOL