View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow In The Meatime turns 13

In a few weeks will mark the 13th year since we got the surprise Christine McVie solo album In the Meantime. I don't recall how I found out Christine did a solo album but I was so excited and shocked. I ran down to my local record store (they still existed in 2004), Specs Music, South Beach.
I liked the album at first listen but it grew on me so much over time. I must say many of the songs on the album are better than anything on Buckingham/McVie. There was no pressure on Christine and she had so much time to go over each song. Some of the songs have such layers that really shows how much time she spent on developing this album. In 2014 she sort of knocked her album saying "There are some good songs on it but I went about it the wrong way." I wish there was a follow up. What did she mean she went about it the wrong way? I just picture her and her nephew in her huge home working on these songs.
Some highlights, Friend, You Are, Northern Star, and my all time favorite Bad Journey. Its autobiographical and I want to ask her questions about the song. I think the song has the best bridge of any song she has recorded. It just gives me goosebumps. So many subtle arrangement changes in the song.
Question and poll: Which do you think is the better solo album her 1984 album or 2004? I cant decide. Although I would probably favor her 1984 release just a tad. Each is so amazing and holds up so good. All I can say is thank goodness she did this album!!!!

My favorite Bad Journey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EaSHUYwO1U

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-21-2017 at 05:00 PM..