View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Reality check: Bella Donna and The Wild Heart are the foundation for her becoming the first woman inducted into the Hall of Fame for a second time. She actually had greater chart success without Lindsey.

Stevie with Fleetwood Mac (1975-87)
R: 11
D: 1
S: 7
G: 12
7W: 19
AVERAGE: 10

Stevie solo (1981-90)
SDMHA: 3
L&L: 6
Eo17: 11
SB: 5
IAF: 14
TTM: 4
ICW: 16
ROF: 16
AVERAGE 9.375
Quantifying, quantifying . . . always quantifying. It's the sociologist in you.

This numerical list is interesting for another reason: Stevie's two highest-charting solo songs weren't written by her (Stop Dragging and Talk to Me). Two others are co-writing credits (If Anyone Falls and I Can't Wait), Leather and Lace has Don Henley's stamp, even though he isn't credited, and Seventeen is of course the signature sixteenth notes—Wachtel's idea. Her highest-charting single off Shangri-La was written by other people (although her excellent Planets was a big hit in the clubs). Her highest-charting single off Street Angel was written by other people. Her highest-charting single off Timespace was written by other people.

Stevie's iconic songs—her classics—are largely from Fleetwood's catalogue. I'm going to suggest, in sum, that her Fleetwood Mac work outpaces her solo work in terms of both musical imprint and audience appeal.

moviekinks.blogspot.com