View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Horizon View Post
Hi
Just a heads up to say that in guitar world there is a new interview with Mike Cambell where he discusses his new role with FM etc. I won't spill all the beans here,but if you head over to www.guitarworld.com and use the search facility for Mike Cambell and scroll down the various articles you will come across it.
Amongst the interesting info, Mike states that he hopes FM will record new music at some point.

Blue Horizon
Even if they do record something, I'd venture to say they have tapped out the market. Between the last two tours and now this one, even with 3 new tracks mixed into the same set..I don't know how many tickets they can move again. They don't have 5 years to lay low again either.

The sad thing is, if they really decided to reinvent their entire approach as a band they would have more opportunities. New material, new arrangements, and smaller venues might create a new direction for them. It would be less money and we know how this band sways with the direction of cash, so I'm not optimistic any of it will happen. They would have to break out of the arena hits show mentality and actually dig in deep as artists. They could still present some of the hits in a different way but it would take effort and time.

The fact that Mike thought it was worth learning 40 or 50 tracks is so darn laughable. Nobody was willing to be real enough to hand him a sheet with the core 20 tracks!? I mean let's cut the carp. This wasn't John Mayer learning the Dead's catalog. That gig does actually require that much learning.

They could have a nice run if they would be willing to let go of the status quo as they know it, but I'm not sure certain egos will entertain that path of thinking. I feel bad for Mike, there could be a lot of disappointment ahead once the tour wraps up.