View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have been apathetic about FM for ages now, no new material makes them a bit of a bore now. Sick of living in the early 80's. So the new lineup is no more or less ho-hum than the Lindsey lineup. And yes, it is Stevie's fault there has been no new material.
I agree, this has made it difficult for me to get excited about the new line up- no new music makes it a cash grab and I'm not paying a grand for good seats and travel out of town to see this. Not to say though that Neil Finn doesn't have a great voice- he does and Mike Campbell is an awesome guitarist- he is. But I agree with Lindsey at this point in their career it makes no sense whatsoever and is essentially a cover band. The Tom Petty tribute also irks me to hell- a quick nod would've sufficed. Danny Kirwan and Bob Welch were far more deserving and I don't care if most of the audience don't know those two incredibly talented treasures- they were far more deserving at a Fleetwood Mac concert . Furthermore to drop the only Welch song was unforgivable. Sorry guys, I'm sitting this one out my enthusiasm has dwindled with no new fresh music to offer, while I loved the 80's, it's now almost 2019, time to move on (as Tom would say). If he were alive he'd be telling Stevie to get over herself and record some new music.