View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I can't wait. My money is on Maher. O'Reilly doesn't have a sense of humor, especially about himself. The question is, will he shut up long enough to let Maher talk?
Heck no. That's a part of the show!

Seriously, I saw Maher's standup routine recently...the latest one on HBO. It was pretty funny. He made some really good points on some social issues but the guy is out in left field on foriegn policy.

I heard Ron Silver, the actor, rip him to shreds on a talk show recently. That was probably the only time I have ever seen someone completely rationalize with Maher to the point that he had nothing to say. I wish I had the transcript.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller