View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'll have a proper watch at some point when I've got a bit more time. Had a very quick flick through and I really cant see anything that jumps out and makes me think- Wow!. I promise you, I really like Neil Finn and his music, but I just cant see him and Mike filling the void.

I don't mean to sound rude...but you have seen Fleetwood Mac shows haven't you? I'm sure you have as you sound very knowledgeable. Its just...its hard to describe how much Lindsey steals the show and nothing I've seen of Neil Finn and Mike Campbell live tell me they'll have the effervescence of Lindsey Buckingham. As I say...great in smaller intimate venues. But for an arena supergroup? Hmmmm
I don't disagree. They're different. Neil doesn't have Lindsey's passionate energy. However, Lindsey doesn't have Neil's warmth and wit. Neil brings a very high level of warmth and humor to his shows. Neil and Lindsey are both consummate professionals from a music standpoint. It will be different, for sure, but I still expect it to be great. And from a new music standpoint, there are few songwriters alive today as good as Neil.