View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As I've posted before, Christine did an online chat in 1995, to promote 'Time.'
I think a lot of things she said then, in regards to solo albums, touring, and her feelings towards Lindsey & Stevie, are very revealing.
For me at least, it's easy to see why she eventually decided to do the 'Dance' tour, while remaining essentially retired from the road. And also why she ended up recording a new solo album, when she had opted not to record with Fleetwood Mac for 'Say You Will.'

This isn't the entire chat... just some pertinent comments.:

Quote:
BearBillN: Hello Christine! First of all you're one of my all time favorite singers and songwriters! I enjoyed your last solo album a lot! Will we see a new one any time soon?

(Christine): Yes!! I do have plans to record a new solo album maybe sometime next year... I have to recharge the batteries, but am keen on doing it. I get a great kick out of doing the solo record. I do enjoy being with a team more than as a solo artist, but I will give it another shot. It was a very rewarding experience
Quote:
Question : Where is your "home base" these days, in England or in L.A.?

(Christine): Both, we have a house in the south of England and in Los Angeles. I think I would like to start...spending more time in England. After 25 years in L.A., my roots are calling me back home. I am going back for a short stint in a few days, I like the rain, I miss it.
Quote:
SandG: Would you consider inviting Stevie on your next solo project? Your voices on Straight Back worked excellently with each other.

(Christine): Absolutely, I would like to work with Stevie and Lindsey again. Some point down the line....Don't know where or when, but the possibilities are there. I think they would like to also.THe more you don't hear Stevie's voice, the more you miss it. So unique.
Quote:
Gre1440: Give us your perspective on this most recent
incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

(Christine): I find it a bizarre combination of people, but Mick chose Dave Mason... I don't think he is a bad guitar player, but I just don't know how he fits in with Fleetwood Mac... Great guitar player he is, he would not have been my first choice.
Quote:
MastrPeace: Who would have been your first choice, as opposed to Dave Mason?

(Christine): Lindsey Buckingham, I think he was the most superlative guitar player this band will ever have... A true shining light. After Lindsey, everybody else seems a little palid. I'm not talking talent, just chemistry for Fleetwood Mac.
Quote:
Mavenman: Is Atlantic City on your schedule soon? I saw you at Taj Mahal about 5 years ago.

(Christine): Well, I've given up the road as it were. Hung up my stageboots about three years ago.
Quote:
ROBNORT: Why are you not currently touring with Fleetwood Mac?

(Christine): Mainly because I've been with the band for 25 years. Touring was never my favorite thing to do... I get insomnia on the road. I can't sleep in strange beds night after night...Did not want to take sleeping pills, that is the begining of the end. I would lie awake reading all .. night. This made me irritable. I had done it enough. Then I would drink a bottle of wine before bed..wake up with a hangover. It was a no win situation.