View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

First listen (VPNs are worth the investment!): I'd have expected to have more of Christine in the vocals for the first single so the lack prominent vocals is a surprise.

It's sonically softer than SWS, which is a good thing. That works for Lindsey solo but wouldn't mesh with Christine.

The chorus is super catchy.

Lindsey is still using the varispeed vocals that were on SWS. I like it here and on SWS but I know some people didn't (sorry, elle!).

Production notes: Lots of hard panning going on. It sounds like everything is close to left-centre-right. It's very wide when you listen on headphones. This is something I really, really like since it comes close to my day-job's niche.

On second listen: If Christine is here, she's very buried. I do agree that she's more present in the instrumentation in a very good way.

Probably more notes to follow.

EDIT: On third listen and I'm grooving away with a massive smile on my face

EDIT 2: It makes me think of Did You Miss Me from GOS as a lead single. It isn't that similar musically but both are good pop songs with enough of a quirk to keep them interesting. The only thing I could do without are the Big Love grunts, but I wonder if they aren't intentionally recalling that song for some reason. I haven't dug into the lyrics yet to see if there could be some reference.

Last edited by Peestie; 04-13-2017 at 11:29 AM..