View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Really delighted by this box set; it was very exciting unwrapping it - I felt 15 again!

I've been deliberately avoiding Tango since pre-ordering this months ago, so it's great to listen with fresh(ish) ears. Really going mad (in a good way) all over again for the title track and 'Mystified' - both so full of atmosphere. It's funny how an album that was recorded under pretty trying circumstances can seem to have such cohesion.

Wonderful to hear 'Ricky' in sparkling quality - I do love that song. And I adore the full 'You and I' -that beautiful linking passage that was only there in the fade-out on the B-side is just stunning.

I don't think I'll be rushing back to listen to the remixes very often - they really do date it. And I hated that craze for club mixes the first time round.

The DVD is great - it reminds me that when they first put out the Tango VHS tape, I got very excited thinking it would be the promo videos. Not happy to find it was a tour video without Lindsey... So it's great to have that excitement finally justified - only 30 years later! But the 'Family Man' promo is still a major rip-off. They should have used the lovely animation of the album cover from the UK TV commercial instead, especially as they took a still from it for the 'Family Man' single cover. Remember that little box set that came with prints?

Very strange choice to use the version of the 'Everywhere' video without any of those black and white shots of the band. I always used the think the highwayman was Lindsey in disguise!

Anyway, I'm happy.