View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
not my video. i just found it on twitter. should be linked in the first post of that 2-page thread.

yup, here it is - https://www.youtube.com/embed/-B87yPmRy1s

they let other threads go on ranting forever. there's no good reason to close these 2 threads. this is huge news. yet somehow they are closed. i think that's really weird. almost like they were contacted, as a known and respected board, and told not to allow any discussion on this. makes no sense, at all.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were told to close threads. When fans get no real info and a listening penquin pic what do they expect! Page after page of discussion. Thanks for posting the video again--just watched with my guy who is in sales. He agrees with this post (you and Jamie discussing):

re Classic East, that whole narrative actually fits nicely into Azoff / corporate greed conspiracy theory - LB was undermining the Classic gigs put together by Azoff with his public statements that he's at this point just accepting Mac gigs for what they are - cashgrabs - and going through the motions ("just close your eyes, play the set, and take the money"). that couldn't have sit well with Azoff.

so it's not that Lindsey is not giving it well over 100% at the Mac gigs. it's that he didn't shy away from saying they are basically uninspired cashgrabs. so you could see Azoff wanting to 1) get him in line or get rid of him, and 2) making sure that FM doesn't do yet another exact same GH tour as the last 3 ones. yes the 2014-15 one was their most successful ever probably, but there was no new narrative for the upcoming tour (like rumours 5 re-united!). having LB solo with new music and creativity going in parallel would further undermine yet another GH tour, in the year when every boomer band is doing hugely expensive farewell tours. there needed to be either a shakeup or get LB in line! so pair this with SN and LB always fighting, and SN probably always pulling similar him or me threats, and now you do have a perfect storm! so maybe, Jamie and this youtube vinyl guy are right about it all being pure corporate greed, business based decision?