View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86
wow. good point! I never really thought about that. But I think that's precisely why i LIKE it. When I was a naive fan just getting her albums i always wondered why people said her music was rock and roll.........coz i thought it was anything but rock. But SA is the only CD i put on when i'm in a bad mood or want to hype myself up coz most of it sounds kick ass LOUD. I shake the walls with how loud i have my stereo.

You can't really rock out to Jane and Rose Garden but 2 songs can be overlooked. I HATE Unconditional Love though. Only song on the CD i can't stand. i really love Inspiration & God's Garden too and they seem to fit into that category with the other 2 songs. But otherwise, I totally agree, very much a rock album. Moreso than RAL......which is probably my 2nd fave album but i detest I Sing For the Things & HAEWAFY..........Love Is Like a River & Mirror Mirror would have been wicked **** on that CD!

i think that is exactly why she doesn't like it. and consequently i think the ONLY reason 'fans' don't like is because of that and they have been too heavily influenced by Stevie's opinion of her own work. Like i know a LOT of ppl who say TISL is her best album...so does Stevie. But IS it? Some of the original SA versions are better than those on the album ditto with TISL so i can't imagine what problems Stevie had with them...........especially Jane WOOHOO!!

I actually gave Stevie a letter yesterday and basically it was all about how Street Angel is the best song ever and it's her best album and that I hoped she didn't still feel ****ty about it...coz that depresses me {i didn't write that lol} but I don't like to think that she thinks she has something out in her music catalogue that she thinks everyone thinks is **** just coz it didn't sell very well and she didn't like where she was at when it was released. Then i said she needs to sing SA live and i can officially die

another reason i think people might not like the album is because there seems to be a lot more songs on it that she didn't write. What the hell does that really matter.....she CHOSE them

and RTTG was an SA song. I'm glad it wasn't on the album tho coz i LOVE the

SYW version...PROBABLY coz it WAS an SA song. but wotever
So you like Street Angel or not???