View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Quite honestly, with the 'tourists' who go to a Mac show and are cool with randomly inserted new band members in year 52 and a bunch of solo or non-related cover songs in the setlist, Mick and John could probably be replaced with unknowns and as long as Rhiannon, Landslide, Don't Stop, and Go Your Own Way were played - half of the audience wouldn't even notice or care.
I think people who pay $200-$400 for a concert ticket are more than 'tourists.' I know you want to think that 'real fans' wouldn't go to a FM show because Lindsey was fired, but they are going, and they're having a great time. I'm one of them. The concert was incredible, the best FM show I'd ever seen, and this was my fifth tour. This is not a dig on Lindsey, it was just an incredible show. You're right about the fans wanting to hear songs they know and love. What are your thoughts when Lindsey plays Trouble, Holiday Road, Go Your Own Way, or Tusk on his solo tour?

If you're a fan of Lindsey's that can't get over his firing, then let's be honest- nothing FM did from now on would have been good. If they sang a LB song, they were being disrespectful; if they didn't sing a LB song, they were being disrespectful.