View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Jordan Peele has talked extensively about how Get Out was meant to be a cross between The Stepford Wives, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, and Rosemary's Baby. He alluded to many films in the horror genre but I didn't think they overpowered the narrative, which I found to be original and full of symbolism. I thought the film was excellent, especially the ending! (I won't spoil it, but I'll just say, TSA!)

Coco was probably my favorite of the year! I heard someone say that if you don't cry during this movie then you must be a serial killer, and I agree wholeheartedly!

I thought a lot of the movies met my standard of a "good" movie, but few stood out. I've heard the most buzz about Ladybird but I just couldn't bring myself to see another coming of age story.

For the Oscars, I'm rooting for The Shape of Water (the most beautiful to watch) or Get Out (the most fun to watch).

I'm glad that Wonder Woman did well in theaters because I'm hoping for a second one that's even better!
I forgot about Coco. This movie was a huge surprise to me. Yes, I hid my eyes and did cry at the end. I even bought the song. The movie was beautiful.