View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm not sure I'd put him above Rick Vito in terms of his guitar playing. I'd suggest his song writing is much more in the vein of FM than either Billy or Rick though. Agreed he was a bit unfortunate to have been overlooked in 87.
Let me re-phrase. I did not intend to imply Billy and Rick are not good guitarists. Both are not the best vocalists though I have seen Billy and Rick live twice and Todd Sharp live once. Todd is a better vocalist and would have added a lot more energy into Fleetwood Mac. He wrote some great songs with Chris on her solo album. I forget the Fleetwood Mac website but there was an interview with Todd Sharp that asked him point blank if he was upset he never got the call to join. He answered the question perfectly and made a joke about it. But he made it clear he was not asked but would have loved to have been asked. "Oh well" you cant re-write history. But the song on this thread would have been a great addition to the Mac setlist in 1987 instead of Another Woman. During Christine's solo tour she did allow Todd to perform one of his songs when she took a break back stage. He even did an awesome guitar solo. He really packed a punch live. And clearly he also nailed Just Crazy Love too Todd was also Chris's musical director for the tour. The worked together great thus this great version of Just Crazy Love.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-10-2015 at 01:07 PM..