View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
If Lindsey hadn't been fired, he would be the one playing Dreams and Rhiannon and Don't Stop night after night. If Lindsey was still in FM, the band would still be resting on its achievements and style of the seventies, right? Or does that not apply to the band if Lindsey is with them?

If Lindsey was in FM, it would still be a cash grab tour. As opposed to a tour where they play 4 new songs, which then somehow wouldn't be a cash grab tour I really don't get it- the same people who hate FM now talk about how this tour is 'just' a cash grab tour, like somehow it wouldn't have been if Lindsey were still in the band. Look, he wanted to record new material, but he was more than happy to go on the road with FM and sing the same hits they've been doing for 40+years. We know this because he sued them for the money he would have gotten from the tour. Despite the fact that they wouldn't record new material, he WANTED to tour with them, singing the same songs he's been doing for 40+years- I felt that beared repeating became some people seem to gloss over that point completely.

I love this tour, and if Lindsey had still been with them, I would have hoped they still played most of the songs they did. No Don't Dream It's Over or Free Falling maybe, even though I loved those songs as performed by them, but more of Lindsey's songs would have been great. All Over Again, Tell Me All the Things, Isn't It Midnight, Black Magic Woman, all fantastic.
You forgot to mention if it were UP TO LINDSEY, their would be NEW MUSIC.