Thread: say you love me
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Do you not read that article the way I read it??? Look again...

This week in 1976, Fleetwood Mac’s self-titled album hit number 1 after being on the charts for over a year. Songs such as Over My Head and Rhiannon helped the album reach the 5 million mark in sales in the U.S. alone. And after group members heard a cover of Say You Love Me by Canadian artist, Shirley Eikhard, the band added a splash of guitar to their own version and released it as a single. It would go on to be the best charting song from the album.

The way I read it is that Shirley did a cover of the FM song and after hearing this cover FM added the splash of guitar to the original and then released it. That is how I read it.

Pip
Pip, you said exactly what I was thinking!!!!!
This is how I read it as well.....

This song is CHRISTINE'S and only Christine's.......

Shirley heard their version, covered it, they heard her version, re-edited the song themselves and released the song (which was already out on the white Fleetwood Mac album for a year) as a single.

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down