View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I agree that a lot of people back then were complaining loudly about Bekka compared to Stevie. I actually like Bekka and especially Bekka and Billy together. I know that there is no one group of musicians that truly make up the Fleetwood Mac sound. I just felt that your comment assumed that everyone likes Stevie and Lindsey as a package deal,excluding liking Christine. I guess I should phrase my comment in this way-Time does not sound like the Fleetwood Mac most fans are familiar with. It's a good album, not a great album. It also includes one of my favorite songs by Christine-"Sooner Or Later".
The interesting thing about the Christine fans (and yes you can be a Stevie/Lindsey/Christine fan all at once) is that they tend to be a bit less, dare I say, one-eyed about her music.

Take a look at the Ledge, there are ten times the threads in the Stevie forums than the Christine one, perhaps she has ten times as many fans or perhaps Stevie fans are just a little bit more passionate (read obsessed) about her. People admire Christine for her art, and obsess over Stevie for her image. At least that is how I see it.

Look, I love Stevie, so don't get me wrong, but I have always preferred to stand back and view the band as a whole rather than placing the spotlight on one member. At least fourteen of the sixteen members owe the majority of their success to being in FM (you can argue that both Billy and Dave M had a long and illustrious solo career prior to FM).

I prefer to see Time as being an extension of what is Fleetwood Mac. Personally I never really wanted the reunion, except for the fact that it gave me a chance to see Stevie & Lindsey live. Fleetwood Mac should have moved on to the future rather than looking at the past. Hopefully once Miss Nicks and Mr Buckingham have left again, we can move on to a new era.