View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
This is what I pointed out when someone brought up Neil Young and CSNY. When he had a problem with Crosby over drug use, and felt he couldn't work with him anymore, Neil was far and away the biggest star in the group. He could easily have lobbied the others to kick out Crosby (who was becoming increasingly difficult and decreasingly creative).

Instead, Neil quit and let the others carry on without him for ten years until Crosby got clean. In so doing Neil may have left a lot of money on the table (the next two CSN albums were smash hits), but he didn't plot behind anyone's back to get someone fired. He left himself.
exactly.

although i initially listened to the voices saying she wanted to do that and Mick made her stay to make sure his pockets are filled as much as possible, after seeing all the happenings from the last 2 years, i don't blame it so singularly on Mick anymore. she's not the victim, she's a perpetrator. like someone said, her obsession with "haunting Lindsey forever" (after dumping him?!) was initially expressed back in 1976 with Silver Springs, and sadly for her it never went away.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"