View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I actually think the above is a pretty good crystallization of why the two sides on this issue will never see eye to eye.

If you're a fan of A BAND, and you're characterizing CREATING MUSIC as some sort of lesser endeavor to a massive arena tour in which they play songs we've all heard on numerous previous tours, how could you ever understand the frustrations of someone who puts that creative process first?

It's not as if Lindsey was demanding the band stop touring altogether and only record new music. He was saying, Let's do what we've always* done and put an album out first, then tour behind it. I personally know I'll never understand why that suddenly became such a burdensome ask from 2005-2018.

*Until 2009.
I presented Stevie's side of the argument and you presumed I agree with her side. I do not. BUT, Buckingham McVie IS a Fleetwood Mac album. New music happened and it happened without Stevie. A tour behind the 2017 Fleetwood Mac album also happened.
So, why was Lindsey not satisfied with the 2014-2015 tour and the 2017 tour being the Fleetwood Mac crowning achievement and farewell?