Thread: Bare Trees...
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I was going to start a new thread asking y'all what your favorite Bare Trees track is, but I found this and figured it wasn't necessary to start new thread. And I have to say that I agree with you, Christy, about Christine's vocals on "Homeward Bound." I don't think they're anything to get excited about, and I'm surprised, because I've NEVER had a complaint about Christine's vocals. I do agree that Christine's songs on MTM are better than on this album, and I think the same can be said for Bob. Like you, I really do like the music on "Homeward Bound," though.

So what is everyone's favorite track? I think mine is "Child of Mine."

Hillary
I think Child of Mine and Homeward Bound are tied for my favorites. And Sunny Side of Heaven is just beautiful as well.

FWIW Chris has always said she didn't think her voice was too great years ago, and that she improved as the years went by, with practice. She had a quote from her 1984 documentary that was along the lines of-- "I just didn't start singing overnight and sound great....John'll tell you cause he's heard some of my early records, boy.... (chuckles)..my moral support."

IMO her voice aged really well, like a fine wine. it totally got better as time passed.

-Lis