View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
half-back on topic of the thread.

reading the lawsuit from last year, it became clear that FM doesn't seem to exist as a legal entity between projects. they come together and sign contracts for specific projects - be that a tour, a gig, or in the past various albums and releases.

which means that at this moment, Fleetwood Mac as a band doesn't legally exist in any formation.

when talking about Fleetwood Mac, you can talk about Peter Green's band, various in-between incarnations, or the most well known Classic Fleetwood Mac - which is what masses are referring to when saying FM. but at present time, there is no present band. Lindsey is not really ex-FM member - or they all are.
which makes it more interesting that they didn't call the BuckVie album FM....

Entangling Stevie's personal management as band management as well is a disastrous arrangement for the band. Great for Stevie though! And then for LB to sign on Azoff as his own personal manager
I can only imagine that the strategy behind that was that having him as your manager he has to consider the impact of band business on you as a solo act. But that's an awfully risky strategy considering Azoff's management style of focusing on the bigger $$$ or higher profile clients (i.e., Stevie). Or maybe he though Irving could make them more like the Eagles, i.e. the way LB always says "those other bands who know what they want and want it at the same time" and can come together to make money whether they like each other or not.

The only other logic I can imagine is that LB indeed wanted to boost his ticket sales, marketing, profile in a more mainstream way (seems out of character, but who knows). The two just seem like a bad mix to me either way.