View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That's why I always liked how the McVies handled themselves post-divorce. Once their marriage was over, they were able to have a cordial, friendly, and professional relationship without having to relive the drama night after night. Yeah, we all knew they were divorced, but we could easily see them still hanging out at the bar after the show, as friends would.
I think the McVies (or John) had a very difficult time after their divorce. They have both spoken of it. Christine has said that for awhile they could not communicate at all and then when they were friendly she was afraid that he'd take advantage of the soft spot she still had for him. She said she didn't want him to know how much she still cared. In fact, Christine even said that Stevie and Lindsey got along better than she and John did, because they still shared their music and could be quite friendly with each other, when working on that.

Even as recently as The Dance, 20 years after the divorce, after John had remarried and raised a child, he was still said to be drinking because of Christine in the Rolling Stone interview. The audience isn't privy to all of that at a concert, but fans can certainly read about their strife.

The difference is, as Lindsey pointed out, John doesn't write songs. John also doesn't sing, so it's not like they have to play out their relationship on stage. It stays behind the scenes, but it's not because they easily became buddies who put the break up behind them. I mean, maybe they have now, but when they were working together, they still had problems. Or one of them had problems.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 06-21-2013 at 12:48 AM..