View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How is it an experiment?

"Working with them are two familiar names: Mick Fleetwood, whose towering drum kit is in the next room, and bassist John McVie."

How is this any different from Heroes Are Hard To Find or Say You Will? If anything, this is what Mick though he would be getting on New Year's Eve, 1974.
The experiment is that both Fleetwood and Mac are present, yet it's not called Fleetwood Mac. Although it's certainly possible, I don't necessarily see the name Fleetwood Mac being omitted due to a committee of managers and lawyers. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the natural consensus of the musicians involved. John especially is a pretty pragmatic guy. Plus, if there is to be a tour behind this album, are Mick and John guaranteed to be involved? I am also curious, will every bass or percussion note on the album be played by John and Mick? I have my doubts. With a name like Buckingham McVie, these seem like legitimate questions.