View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
My copy of this came yesterday. A lot of the time I don't bother with greatest hits packages but when I saw what was in this I decided it was a must. I'm very impressed. I listened to the first two discs and briefly skimmed through the third one. I've not listened to the fourth yet. There are some nice jams on this.

Anyone else a fan?
I'm with you on usually skipping out on straightforward, generic greatest hits compilations shoved down our throats by record labels. They're so bland. But, when artists and bands come together and hand pick not only hits, but also b-sides and obscurities I'm on board! And that's exactly what one gets with "25 Years - The Chain". I love everything about this boxset right down to the awesome picture filled liner notes. And the tracks are carefully and tastefully picked IMHO. We get all the hits and yet so much more. Alternate cuts, different mixes, live versions, outtakes and new songs to boot. What's not to love? To answer your question, yes! And disc 4 is a great highlight of material from the pre Buckingham-Nicks era of Fleetwood Mac, perfect for fans new and longtime. It's like Fleetwood Mac condensed.