View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I completed NaNoWriMo this year, which I was pretty proud of if only because my biggest challenge in writing is getting myself to do it. It's not a finished novel or the best thing ever, but it's a 50,000 word manuscript, which is not something I really thought I'd ever get done, let alone in a month. Ironically, part of the purpose of NaNo is to go into it with just the goal of completing the manuscript and too much prior planning, while allowed, isn't considered a necessity or even encouraged (and any previous writing is not allowed to be incorporated). While a few of my character ideas found their way into my manuscript, I think the blank slate idea helped more than hindered reaching the goal.

I definitely prefer prose over poetry. I tend to write fiction in blurbs, when I'm bored mostly, so I have a bunch of characters created and they kind of come out every now and then and get dealt with and then put away. I always am tempted to share little bits of it here and there but then I wonder if they would even make sense outside of my head without other bits to give it context? Who knows. If I ever stop being so lazy, I could probably make something nice out of all of it, but that day has yet to come.

Last edited by bucklind17; 03-27-2010 at 07:35 PM..