View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well guys let's just keep in mind I've seen Peter Green perform live and at his peak with PGFM, on a number of occasions. Not all that many here can say that. I have also seen Jeremy and Danny likewise in their heyday, again on a good number of occasions. The last time I saw Pete perform live, many years after leaving FM, he stood on the stage in a whirlwind of confusion, barely finding a few notes to get out. About halfway through the set, he wandered off and exited the stage never to return, while his band finished the set. Though he has had moments during his recovery years where flashes of the old PG rise to the surface, for the most part they're few and far between. I think this is part of Green's own ambivalence about being up on stage at this point, beyond his self-deprecating demeanor. Revisit my earlier comments and see why they stand.

No offense was aimed at Peter in what I wrote. He's the man behind the Mac, and I have always felt no one feels worse about what became of Danny Kirwan than him, which is but more points to his credit. Passion aside, Dansven needs to recognize that while we may all be hip to Green's longstanding condition, others visiting the Ledge and reading our comments may not be. The guest percentages versus members at any given time often hovers around 4 to 1 (and sometimes greater), so most comments here reach a larger audience than just those who make up the membership cadre.

As I see it, if peeps are forking over good money for concert performances (keeping in mind it's a far cry from the $3.00-5.00 as it was in the PGFM days of yesteryear), best they have some idea what they're getting into. Also a cursory look at my previous posts would show I am anything but a troll, and probably deserve more consideration than a reactionary tongue-lashing that includes an "evil" descriptor. If you had simply PMed me your feelings or relayed what you feel was inappropriate in what I posted, I might have gone back and edited - or even deleted - my post. I enjoy good discussion and lively debate, but I don't come here to crush people's feelings on a whim. If I am sometimes blunt in what I write, it's just that there is often no better way to state certain things.

I appreciate Vinnie's comments, but unfortunately there is a little more to the picture than that alone in PG's regard. However in the spirit of optimism and renewal, a GIFT it surely is considering hope springs eternal.