View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Have either of you ever seen Sonny and Cher dog one another in interviews long after their personal and professional relationships ended? And, they had a child together. Never heard Cher say bad things about Greg Allman. It’s hardly a phenomenon unique to either Stevie or Lindsey.
Cher will talk about how his drug use doomed them from the start, but she generally describes “Gregory” as sweet.

The one thing I love about her is that, no matter what she might say about Sonny she does not really like anyone else to criticize him. That annoys her. You know what his voice was like. She does not want anyone to say that he had an awful singing voice, even though she clearly knows he did.

I wish that Stevie and Lindsay had that kind of protectiveness towards one another.

I was an English and communication major and I did a paper on Sonny’s solo album for one of my assignments. The teacher had to approve the subject before hand. He told me he would let me do it but he didn’t think I had a lot of material to work with. That made me very angry. Not everyone in the class had to be doing a paper on one of the Beatles did they? I ended up getting an a on that paper.

Sonny and Cher were the work first but I have a thing for duo in general. Jerry Lewis was an awful person but the way he admonished his own ego and took the blame for the break up with Dean Martin really moved mean. He discussed how much he loved Dean. As a writer. He had come to believe that he was the cause of most of their success and he began to write Dean’s part smaller and smaller. Dean just very coolly walked away. What a guy. Jerry eventually recognized his mistake and regret it the bitter end their relationship. I saw them have two TV reunions and I cried all the way through.

And obviously I have like 25 hours of tape devoted to Sonny’s funeral and Cher’s amazing eulogy is the highlight.

Ah well. We here are looking at a number of eulogies in our near future aren’t we?

The thing is, at some point be it Cher or Lucille Ball, the bitterness falls away. It doesn’t get more childish overtime. Not usually.