Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Country singer Peck sings in front of hometown crowd

October 18, 2009

The former Coshocton County resident filled up Secrest Auditorium and sung hits like "Findin' A Good Man," "Isn't That Everything" and "I Don't," that made her a star.

The last time Peck, a River View High School graduate, was last home was Christmas, but she hasn't performed anywhere around Coshocton since she was a teenager playing bars, festivals and fairs.

Coming back into town brought back memories for Peck, 31, who now spends most of her time recording in Nashville and on tour.

"I went to the (Colony Square) mall and it brought back memories," Peck said. "That's where I got my ears pierced. And we went past Adornetto's where I went on my first date when I was 16. And I remember going to see "Titanic" when it first came out over here. Zanesville's been a pretty big part of my life. It's where we would come to go shopping, out to eat, do everything."

Her performance included cover tracks like Stevie Nicks' "Landslide" and Tom Petty's "Won't Back Down."

"All my family is here," Peck said. "I'm going to spend a day or two in Coshocton and everyone else is going back (to Nashville). The bus is leaving me."

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.c...910180302/1002