View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol you sure love making posts like these don't you. I understand the temptation, but you should know that it is possible to not construct a thesis outline arguing with every single post you disagree with. But if you insist!
Eh, it keeps my mind from going completely insane while I’m out of commission during my treatments.

Quote:
#1. Well Fleetwood Mac goes on tours of that magnitude lol. If John is gonna tour as a Fleetwood Mac member, he's gonna go a giant tour. They've pretty much always been allergic to the entire concept of small/lowkey tours, as would be expected from a big name band.
Bands also slow down. Maybe do a 90 date tour instead of 180…

Quote:
#2. Whether she wants to record with the band or not, Stevie will never give up her solo projects and I personally believe that she values them over FM regardless of who is in the band. I 100% believe that nothing about this switch-up will deter her from her typical solo plans.
Except with Tom dead, Lindsey out, and Mike in Fleetwood Mac, I could see that equation changing, depending on how the tour goes. She’ll definitely do more solo dates, I’m not arguing that point. But, I don’t know that her solo tour will have an impact on a new Fleetwood Mac album, if that’s even a probability. If anything, I could see her being more eager to do a FM album in the wake of LBCM. ”Don’t blame it on me…”

Quote:
#3. I never said that I knew if/when/how the album was coming along. If it was done that quickly that's wonderful for them. They're gonna go and release it and do shows supporting it.
I only found that out on that Norman’s guitar video. I get the vibe that the Dirty Knobs are Mike’s equivalent to the Mick Fleetwood BluesBand. It’s there, it’s an outlet, but the primary gig is Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
And the odds of a Fleetwood Mac record going that quickly are low, Lindsey or not. Stevie's own IYD album that she had the time of her life making took a full year. And then her 24KG album, entirely just re-recorded old demos, was made in a 2 week time crunch that, as per her press for the album, she emphasized was a big deal and that she was not too happy about.
I doubt it would be weeks, but it doesn’t have to take a year, either. There’s a balance. It’s possible to make a good album without trying to make the next “Pet Sounds.”

Quote:
If you think they're gonna make new music, that's great! I personally don't! Who knows what'll happen!
I’m 50/50. It’s now possible, which it wasn’t before, but the probability is what remains to be seen. They certainly have the talent to make a good album, but they also have the history of blowing opportunities.

Quote:
#4. Okay let me revise that. 90% of the typical Fleetwood Mac concert ticket-buying public does not care about Neil Finn
Neil has his own fan base and is a critic’s darling. But, really, they’re banking on Petty fans looking for some type of connection to Tom. While maybe not perfect, Mike and Stevie together in a band is something they hope TPATH fans can latch on to. Brilliant move from a business perspective.

THE Stephen Hopkins