View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I think it's some open E... Something similar to B E B E G# B but I'm not completely sure. That's just the closest I've found, and I'm no expert, but using that tuning you can play along with Lindsey using the same finger positioning (as far as I can see in the videos, anyway). Although that low B is rather, well, low.. maybe tuned up to double that low E would be better?

I think the reason it sounds like a 12 string is because I think that there's a second guitar being played that's tuned to a different key but capo'd up high to be heard in E.

However, if someone knows a better/more accurate tuning .. please correct me, I want to learn to play this too, as correctly as possible.
I think the second guitar (Neale?) is part of the problem with figuring it out. On several Lindsey-solo songs they do the same thing - Lindsey plays one thing and someone else plays the same chords in a different voicing.

In terms of the low B... Doesn't Lindsey normally just use the 5 highest sounding strings anyway? I'm sure I remember times where he didn't even have 6 strings on his guitar because he never used it.