View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I think he felt hurt by Christine leaving. He said he is the one she talked to about wanting to go during The Dance tour and he said he totally knew how she felt, even though the others did not, because he'd been there himself. He said the others weren't too happy with him for supporting Christine wanting to leave.

Yet, when 2003 rolled around, I think he was upset, disappointed hurt...
I think there was distance between Lindsey and Christine after 2003. Mick said he was listening to Lindsey and Chris talk on the phone when he realized that Chris probably wasn't coming back. I think there was a little estrangement --I'd like to hope maybe there was a bit of coming together during the Wembley shows.

I don't think she ever stopped him from doing anything musically. But I think that having to incorporate both piano/keyboards and guitar took his music in another direction, which he may have felt was sometimes constraining...

With Christine gone, things are more 50/50 between Stevie and Lindsey and Mick and John are less likely to side with him over her, because if she walks out, they lose FM as a whole....

Yes, he obviously felt FM's sound as a whole was going to be confining to him from the very beginning. He said the FM sound did not incorporate the "strings" like the BN sound.

Honestly, I can't see why he would be upset though by 2003 about Christine not coming on board. If he was supportive of her decision in 1997, why would he backpeddle? Unless, she decided not to be involved by refusing to submit any new material due to the 'no touring, no recording' policy...which does make sense. It's not like Stevie and Lindsey would be able to perform new Christine McVie songs in a live setting without her...

Mick actually sides with Lindsey a lot. Or at least he lets Lindsey think so...

John just seems to want to let "them" fight it out.