View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Um, have you heard of Stevie Nicks??

I think Lindsey was cool with Christine leaving. He seemed almost overjoyed at the prospect of having the opportunity to change things up under the Fleetwood Mac banner. He pointed out that it enabled he and Stevie to "finally" do what they wanted to do "25 years ago".

If Lindsey was under the impression Christine's role needed to be filled, he would have hired Sheryl Crow. It's obvious to me they were testing the waters there - she's on a couple of songs on SYW. And, I think the Stevie-Lindsey-Sheryl harmonies were pretty good actually. If you're looking to fill the third in a more obvious way than the backup girls.

Before I get flamed, I'm not saying Sheryl can hold a candle to Christine, merely she was more than adequate to fill Christine's shoes.
OK point taken. I think he was quite pleased to have only one bossy woman disagreeing with him. My point (not very well made I grant you) was that Lindsey took Christine seriously musically. I don't think he has ever given that same respect to Stevie

Gail