View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
It's odd if he was cross with Christine for leaving when he did exactly the same thing 10 years earlier. At least Christine gave them fair warning she was going. I think Christine was the only one able to stand up to Lindsey musically and although he enjoyed the "freedom" he had on Say You Will i.e. the lack of some bossy woman disagreeing with him I think the album needed Christine's influence. I think it's too long with just the two voices

I think Christine stops some of Lindsey's excesses (good thing) and Lindsey pushes Christine slightly farther than she wants to go (another good thing)

Gail
I totally agree with your last comment. Musically they were the two strongest members in the group (not to dismiss mick and john, but chris and lindsey knew their ****). I do agree that Lindsey enjoyed his 'freedom' a lot during say you will...however I've always gotten the impression that although he can do more with christine gone, he's aware of the void that is left. Had Christ decided to stay The Dance tour could have gone for much longer...there could have been a whole new chapter in Fleetwood Mac's history. I've always gotten the impression that Lindsey knows this and at one point (mostly before say you will and during) it really made him upset.

And yes, I agree with the whole lindsey doing exactly what christine did thing. This is why it bugs me that he goes along with the 'no recording no touring' policy. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge lindsey fan however if this is the mantra of the band it's a huge contradiction.