View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
I know this is a bit off topic, but since it's a Lindsey and Christine thread...

Does anybody get the feeling that Lindsey was actually really pissed off at Christine when she decided to leave the group?? There has just always been a tone in his voice the few times he's talked about it that makes me feel he took it very seriously (i.e. the few seconds he talks about her in the destiny rules dvd). And I forget where/when, but Mick once said in an interview regarding Say You Will that everyone in the group had approached Christine to ask her to reconsider 'Even Lindsey' - which also makes me feel he wasn't too happy with her when she left. My thinking is that he was really interested in continuing the Dance tour and doing studio work soon after, but when Christine left it put an end to that...

Maybe it's just me, but does any body else get that impression???
It's odd if he was cross with Christine for leaving when he did exactly the same thing 10 years earlier. At least Christine gave them fair warning she was going. I think Christine was the only one able to stand up to Lindsey musically and although he enjoyed the "freedom" he had on Say You Will i.e. the lack of some bossy woman disagreeing with him I think the album needed Christine's influence. I think it's too long with just the two voices

I think Christine stops some of Lindsey's excesses (good thing) and Lindsey pushes Christine slightly farther than she wants to go (another good thing)

Gail