View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This was always one of my top 3 SWS songs (along with SWS (electric) and the sublime When She Comes Down), so I'm glad to hear it revamped and with its proper place opening an album. I like that someone compared it to SHN. I think that's appropriate. Stevie has robbed us of a real Mac masterpiece album.

The first three tracks sound perfect together. I also wish there was more Christine presence in tracks 2 and/or 3. I agree that the songs seem more designed for Stevie to join in, but some Christine "ooohs and aaahs" would have been welcome.

I'm not a keen enough listener to tell if there is a difference in the rhythm section(?) other than the additional percussive instruments (that seem to bop up all over my head phones) which may be Mick or Lindsey(?).

I like the new bridge.

I like the momentum.

I am curious though. I have ideas about what the SONG means, but what does the phrase "sleeping around the corner" mean? Like, literally he's saying: "I'm here for you. If you need me I'm just sleeping around the corner."

Why sleeping? Why around the corner? Like, just that phrase: what does it mean?

--

In terms of interpretation of the SONG, I read it as about Lindsey balancing artistic (dream) activity with family responsibility and dependency and love.

?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 05-11-2017 at 12:49 PM..