View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Obviously they didn't include the entire footage in the film. Since Matt was there, I think he has a better perspective than we do....
Of course they didn't, but he said it was one of the moments which made it into the film and what made it into the film doesn't scream deeply personal to me. I've always thought Goodbye Baby was about abortion, but I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that it must have been one between her and Lindsey because this guy says the moment was "deeply personal" because of the "subject matter". I highly doubt Stevie was like, "Oh lets do this song about mine and Lindsey's aborted baby!" For all we know, he may think this song is a song Stevie wrote about leaving Lindsey and how she felt wrong about it all these years. Now if Matt said oh this was about their baby Stevie aborted, then I would think there was some merit to that, but we are not only reading things into Stevie's song and believing it was about her abortion but then also reading things into Matt's words and assuming now that this song was not only about an abortion, but also one she had because of Lindsey's child. Like I said earlier, Stevie has admitted to having at least one abortion and I honestly wouldn't judge her if she had ten, but I think sometimes we speculate too much, which is fine, but I just want to provide a different perspective.