View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
I’d rather he not sued at all. I’d rather see him just walk away with more dignity than seeming like the jilted ex girlfriend who’ll do anything to get back with their ex. That said I’m always on Lindsey’s side. Why was it okay for Stevie to control things with her absence? Her solo tour kept the band from touring and even turned an FM album to a duet with 4/5 members. Then Lindsey decides to do something with his solo career and it’s not okay? And to top it off she’s going to get in the RARHOF as a solo artist? I find that undeserving to say the least. My opinion.
So, please, give me your sources on that accusation. The general rule is that FM tours every 3 years, give or take (the 2014-2015 tour was an exception due to Christine). So it's been 3 years since the On with the Show tour, so this current tour is happening according to schedule. Keep in mind that Stevie's last solo album was released right in the middle of the last Fleetwood Mac tour. Did she whine and complain about not being able to do a solo tour or cut the tour short? No, because that FM tour went on for over a year. So not only did she participate in back-to-back FM tours in 2013 and 2014-2015, she recorded and released a solo album that she didn't promote due to her obligations with FM. That is a 180-degree contrast with what Lindsey is trying to do.

Regarding the RRHOF, you don't think that her solo career hasn't been successful or influential? "Edge of Seventeen" alone was the inspiration for two movies and a Broadway musical. She's released multiple platinum and gold Top 10 solo albums and continues to play arenas as a solo act. Many artists age out of the system or eventually fade away into obscurity; Stevie has continued to work consistently and her influence as a singer and songwriter is acknowledged among many of her peers. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge, objectively, the merits of her RRHOF nomination really defies credibility.