View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Let's talk about... Fleetwood Mac!

what a novel concept, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hmmm.... I think what the band did is sh&tty.....and let's see, that must make me:
Pathetic
Hateful
A Trump voter (which is f&cking hilarious)
a loser with nothing else going on in my life...
A Lindsey fanatic

Have I missed any of the names that have been thrown around on here by Stevie diehards, who are all upset because they have been called
Children of Stevie
Chiffonheads

If you throw sh&t, it shouldn't be a surprise if some of it splashes back on your shoes.

I have been a Stevie fan forever, but I'm a bigger fan of the Five.

I, like everyone else on here, have a nice, full life outside this forum. Since most people in my life aren't as big a FM-head as I am, I , like most others on here, come here because it is specifically a forum dedicated to talking about....wait for it.... FLEETWOOD MAC!

So people come on here to talk about....wait for it....FLEETWOOD MAC! :eek:

Since the biggest thing going on with the band right now is the fact that they fired Lindsey and hired two new people, guess what people are going to talk about.....

Some people think this is the biggest mistake they've ever made, some people think it's a great new chapter, and plenty of others fall somewhere in-between.
This will possibly cause some friction. If you don't like what you are reading, there are plenty of other threads on this site. I do not understand the need to constantly come into a forum where you know you disagree with the majority of comments others are posting, and then complain you disagree with what others are posting.

If you don't like being called names or stereotyped, then BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD and don't turn around and do the same danged thing.

Some folks on here could care less if they get called names and as a result will continue to stir the pot and throw little hand grenades into the mix.

But you can't come into a band forum and gripe that everyone's talking about the band
so perfectly said.

i took this out to a separate thread, because it was a reaction in and to a thread that clearly doesn't belong in this forum - while the write up above does. but that out-of-place thread was for some non-explicable reason posted twice in 2 different forums, even though it belongs in neither, and allowed to be talked about, in both forums.

and then, this perfect post immediately received this rebuttal (under the guise of agreeing with it):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Great post! I just wanted to respond to one thing in particular- wouldn't it be awesome if, for one day, everyone could agree to post without name calling? Seems unlikely, but it CAN be done. It makes discussions here so much more reasonable, don't you think?

When someone says Lindsey freak, or $tevie, or chiffon head, or anything like that
what or who exactly is a "lindsey freak"? seems that you just invented yet another name to bully people, while spouting against name calling. you can't have it both ways, boy.

on Anti-Bullying Day too. how appropriate.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"