View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Goodbye Lindsey, I hardly knew ya

So Lindsey has been fired from FM, they say. A sad reality for FM fans to face and I will never really understand why it happened. Maybe it isn't even my business, but anyway. It will really change the sound of the band live or (tiny remote miniscule possibility) in the studio. Lindsey, your producing was amazing. From Tusk through to SYW you took the girls' (or girl's) songs and made them real works of art. But I must say, I never liked your own music very much. Always skippables, rather annoying diversions from the juicy songs from Stevie and Christine, to me and any friends I have who are into FM at all. You sure took up a lot of space on TITN and SYW and those albums feel like Lindsey solo albums made into FM albums, maybe when you realized your own solo albums would not sell or the labels were reluctant to work with you? Even on Buckingham McVie you was really into yourself musically. I downloaded Christine's songs from that one, anyway, you obviously brought a lot of life to them. So, goodbye Lindsey and thanks for the magnificent legacy which lives on in Christine and Stevie's songs on FM albums. Unless you return to FM in a studio, though, we will probably never meet again, buddy.