View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 10:58 AM

Javier:

Thanks for posting. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, you could make yourself available 24 hours a day and the questions would not stop. There is that much interest in this band.

I agree with your assessment of the nature of "Behind the Music." I have at times been frustrated with the shallow approach and the obvious errors. The editors and producers could certainly be friendlier to accuracy. No question.

However, having been in the information-gathering business for all of my adult life, I learned early on that memory is a funny thing. Two people (or more) may remember the same event completely differently and sometimes both are right, or at least not inaccurate. It's a matter of perspective and perception. One person's own remembrances may vary from one time of remembering to another.

Having said that, a couple of points you made earlier piqued my interest. You have said that Fritz was already disintegrating just as Stevie and Lindsey went to LA. However, in the Q&A posted on this site, you also said this:

"The band broke up because Stevie and Lindsey decided they wanted to move to Los Angeles."

Could you clarify this?

Secondly, you say you did not rule with an "iron fist" as it was reported on Behind the Music. However, you say in the Q&A the following:

"If you ask the others, they may spread the blame around [in reference to the band's breakup]. They might say I was a tyrant, a rat."

Though you may not feel that you ruled with iron fist, it appears you are acknowledging that the others in the band may have perceived that was the case. Do you think that "iron fist" statement therefore came from others in the band, possibly even Stevie or Lindsey? And ultimately, is it possible that you exerted more control over the band than the others were comfortable with?

Thanks for your time.